The New Guide Days will be hosted at the International School of Amsterdam at Sportlaan 45 in Amstelveen.
If you would like to book a hotel, we recommend that you stay within the Amsterdam city centre. Public transportation is easy and efficient to use from the city centre to the International School of Amsterdam (ISA) and your hotel will be located close to many restaurants, entertainment and shopping centres.
Please note, that the ISA is located in Amstelveen, a city bordering on Amsterdam, but can be reached fairly quickly via public transport (15 – 35 min) from Amsterdam Zuid, Amsterdam RAI, the Museum Quarter and Centraal Station. When looking for
hotels in Amsterdam, be sure to look for ones that are close to the tram 5 and metro 51 routes for easy access to the school.
- Amstelveen Grand Hotel – This hotel is located in the suburb of Amstelveen, about 3km from the school.
- Piet Hein Hotel – Hotel Piet Hein is a luxurious boutique right in Amsterdam’s lively city centre. You will have the feeling of being at home in one of the elegant lofts
in district Oud Zuid for which Amsterdam is so well-known.
- Hotel Vondel – Hotel Vondel is one of the most beautiful classic boutique hotels in the centre of Amsterdam. The area is simply enchanting, close to the Vondelpark, Dam
Square, the PC Hooftstraat and the Museumplein.
- Holiday Inn – The Holiday Inn is just on the outskirts of Amsterdam and has easy access to public transportation.
- IBIS Budget Hotel – This hotel is right on the border of Amsterdam & Amstelveen and just a couple of stops away from ISA.
Transport and travel passes
If arriving by plane at Schiphol airport, you will need to buy a train ticket to the nearest train station closest to your hotel (ex. Amsterdam Station Zuid, Station RAI, Centraal Station). Depending on the length of your visit, you may also wish to buy an OV Travel Card to use on the tram, bus, or metro in the centre of Amsterdam during your stay.
The GVB day or multiple day card entitles you to unlimited travel around Amsterdam – day and night – on bus, tram and metro. With this OV-chipkaart, you must check-in and check-out when boarding or disembarking from a tram, bus, or metro.
You can choose a card for just 1 day or any number up to 7 days. The card is valid from your first check in. Cards range in price from €7.50 for one day to €32.00 for 7 days.
You can purchase a card from:
- the driver or tram conductor (only the one day card – 24 hours)
- the yellow sales & add value machines in metro stations
- the VVV tourist information offices (such as the one on the Central Station forecourt)
For more detailed information about the cards and getting around Amsterdam, visit the GVB website – in English – here.
By Car: From the A9 Ring Highway, take the Amstelveen/Amstelveen Zuid exit (#5). If coming from the West turn right onto the Van der Hooplaan; if from the East turn left onto the Van der Hooplaan. Follow the Van der Hooplaan straight through, at the second roundabout turn left onto the Sportlaan. The school is approximately 300 meters on the right.
By Public Transport: Take Tram 51 to the ‘Sportlaan’ stop. The school entrance is approximately 200 meters along the Sportlaan from the South-West corner of Sportlaan and Beneluxbaan. From Schiphol Airport take the train to the World Trade
Center (WTC) and change to Tram 51 (as above).
The school building can be seen through the trees at the corner. For more details on how to get connections to the metro 51 from Amsterdam center tram lines, please consult the GVB website.