Visual Arts: From easel to screen, assessing in a digital age (Cat 3)
Philpot Education welcomes IBDP teachers of Visual arts to Warsaw from 18-20 February 2017 for a Category 3 workshop. This IB-approved workshop gives you the opportunity to meet teachers from other schools, share best practice and learn more about your subject.
Simon Poppy will be leading this workshop, drawing on his experience as a IB workshop leader and practitioner. The workshop agenda, including a visit to the Warsaw National Museum, is designed to meet the following aims:
- Create an inspiring art programme that challenges both teacher and student.
- Consider the place of new technologies in the visual arts.
- Develop strategies to help the IB student to ‘think like an artist’.
- Effectively use the museum experience as a learning tool.
- Prepare students to meet the assessment criteria.
The workshop will take place at The British School in Warsaw. Philpot Education has blocked rooms at the Best Western Portos Hotel at a discounted rate for participants.
The registration fee of €895 covers 15 hours of tuition, a workbook, two lunches, coffee breaks and a museum visit. Workshop participants are responsible for their own accommodation arrangements and travel to and from the event.
We look forward to seeing you in Warsaw!