Mathematical studies SL (Cat 1)
Philpot Education welcomes IBDP teachers of Mathematical studies SL to Warsaw from 18-20 February 2017 for a Category 1 workshop. This IB-approved workshop gives you the opportunity to meet teachers from other schools, share best practice and learn more about your subject.
Nasserine Dawas van de Mortel will be leading this workshop, drawing on her experience as a IB workshop leader and practitioner. View the workshop agenda >
Aims of the workshop:
Participants collaborate and reflect on effective teaching, learning and assessment strategies in the DP Maths Studies SL.
The aims of the teaching and learning of the workshop are to encourage and enable participants to:
- continue to develop a collaborative and collegial approach to the structures and principles of the subject group aims and objectives; concepts; contexts; and approaches to learning skills
- evaluate effective teaching and learning strategies and continue to design tasks that will support the implementation of the subject groups and guidelines
- reflect upon the relevance, innovation, and rigour of the student-cantered environments that they have created
- further the alignment of their educational beliefs and values to reflect those of the IB in order to create a challenging programme of international education
- reflect upon their own practices and capabilities
Please bring the following items with you:
- A laptop or tablet / GDCs (TI 84, nspire, or CASIO)
- Access code to OCC (School code, Username and password). The code may be obtained from the school DP Coordinator upon request.
- Resources to share- Text books-Websites…
The workshop will take place at The British School in Warsaw. Philpot Education has blocked rooms at the Best Western Portos Hotel at a discounted rate for participants.
The registration fee of €895 covers 15 hours of tuition, a workbook, two lunches and coffee breaks. Workshop participants are responsible for their own accommodation arrangements and travel to and from the event.
We look forward to seeing you in Warsaw!
Also at this event
- Mathematics HL (Cat 1)
- Biology: A focus on internal assessment (Cat 3)
- Chemistry: A focus on internal assessment (Cat 3)
- Physics: A focus on internal assessment (Cat 3)
- The DP core: improving students' engagement and performance in TOK, CAS and EE (Cat 3)
- Visual arts: From easel to screen, assessment for a digital age (Cat 3)